Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blog

The Quest
by Susan Casey

I recently (old news i know) was reading about Michael Phelps who set the world record by winnin 8 gold medals in tht olympics. The article just amazed me and kept me reading. Phelps is the worlds greatest swimmer at 23 years old. When he was 15 he competed in some olympian events which made him one of the youngest male olympians ever. Total Phelps hs set 24 world records, including 200 butterfly. I began to wonder how Phelps could be such an amazing swimmer. Phelps is 6'4" and has size 14 feet that are so flexible, his toes actually wrap around the edges of the block. He also has an amazing 6'7" wingspan. Phelps grew up as a troubled child with ADD. Swimming was the only thing that helped him exert his energy and keep him out of trouble. It just so happened that he absolutly fell inlove with it. What i love about Phelps is that he's so modest. Although i do wish he would have a little bit more input after reporters ask him questions on how it feels to win 8 gold medals. Michael seems to be a perfect swimmer and has accomplished everything. But Micael says he is still critiqueing him self. He told sports illustated, "Right now I'm working on fixing my head position in freestyle. It;s too high. Even after 11 years, I've never swum it right."... seems to me that he's just a tad bit of a perfectionist. I really enjoy reading about athlets especially one like Michael Phelps that has accomplished so much. I think reading such great accomplishments that athletes have made are inspiring to other athletes and readers.

No comments: