Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Moon obvi....

New Moon
Stepehnie Meyer
pg94-95
In New Moon, Stephanie Meyer is able to capture hearbreak. Bella is heartbroken over Edward and truly can't cope with it. Meyers writes, "Charlie's fist came fown on the table. "That's it Bella!, I'm sending you home." I looked up from my cereal, which i was pndering rather than eating, and stared at Charlie in shock. I hadn't been following the converstation- actually, I hadn't been aware that we were having a conversation- and i wasn't sure what he meant."
Charlie can't stand the way Bella has been acting. Charlie results in sending her back with her mother so she can atleast start fresh and maybe be happy again. Charlie knows that Bella's dealing with heart break. Charlie too has dealt with heart break from Bella's mother. Although that was a very lonely time for him, he still dealt with it and tryed to move on. After about 4 months from when Edward left, Bella was physically in Forks, but she wasn't really logically. Charlie see's that Bella's enthusiasm is dead and he can't stand seeing her like this. Stephani writes,
"You didn't do anything. That's the problem. You never do anything." "You want me to get into trouble?" I wondered, my eyebrows pulling together in mystification. I made an effort to pay attention. It wasn't easy I was so used to tuning everthing out, my ears felt sopped up.
"Trouble would be better than this.. moping around all the time!" That stung a bit. I'd been careful to avoid all forms of moroseness, moping included.
"I am not moping around."
"Wrong word." he frudgingly conceded.
"Moping would be better- that would be doing something. You're just ... lifeless, Bella. I think that's that word I want."
Bella is totally lifeless after Edward left. She based her whole life in Forks around Edward. Now that he has left her, her heart is broken and she can't cope with it. Its as if she doesn't want to confront that Edward is truely gone and that she really just doesn't want to move on. She rather be lifeless and not feel then feel the pain that Edward has caused her.


P.S.Twighlight is coming out in 3 days! OMG!

No comments: