Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Moon
Stephanie Meyer
384
“Speaking of which, would you like to explain to me how you’re alive?” –Alice CullenThat brought me up short and stopped the sobs. I realized what must have happened immediately, and why Alice was here. I swallowed loudly. “You saw me fall.”“No,” she disagreed, her eyes narrowing. “I saw you jump.” ****Her [Alice’s] voice was strained. “I saw you go into the water and I waited and waited for you to come up, but you didn’t What happened? And how could you do that to Charlie? Did you stop to think what this would do to him? And my brother? Do you have any idea what Edward—“ I cut her off then, as soon as she said his name. I’d let her go on, even after I realized the misunderstanding she was under, just to hear the perfect bell tone of her voice. But it was time to interrupt. “Alice, I wasn’t committing suicide.”
To bellas suprise, after her jumping off the cliff incident, Bella finds Alice in her house sitting on her couch in the living room. Alice Cullen, having the ability to see the future by her visions, had seen Bella jumping from a cliff and drowning. Although this was true, jacob ended up saving her. In the quote above i realized that Bella didnt even think of the possibility that he still might care for her. She didnt even consider the other reasons why he left. Maybe Bella was so worked up about not being with him that she didnt even consider the other reasons, she was too focused on her pain. Or maybe she knew that there were other possibile ways of why he left.

No comments: